Sunday, May 8, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Fresh off the presses, this is from my latest WIP NO MERCY. Zan the Space Pirate has gotten himself into a sticky situation. Though Gia can't stand him she's agreed to help him out of his predicament. And his pants.

“Look all you want, I ain’t exactly shy.”
            Since he’d offered, Gia raised her gaze. She’d pretty much nailed it by calling him big man. He didn’t just have a trouser snake, he’d captured the mother anaconda. “Really? This situation does it for you?”
He had the audacity to shrug. “Men are easy.”

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! :D

    The character's personalities come through so well in this excerpt. You definitely caught my attention with the first line.

    I love your blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, brilliant! 'Mother Anaconda', lol. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want to meet these two. That was such a great scene. I can SEE it. Wonderful dialog, wonderful six!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great banter. Great characters. Men are easy! Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol Oh this is an awesome snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lmao, love it! Great dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men ARE easy, lol! Great six! Love the chemistry between these characters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun snippet! Loved it. Yep, at least he's honest, lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Men may be easy. They may be cheap. But their not cheap and easy. Well, some might be.
    Love the six

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Mother anaconda' made me laugh aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh-oh, anaconda rising, look out! Sexy but funny six--a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mother Anaconda? Too sweet! I love the crisp dialog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! At least she knows where he, um, stands....

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL. Ah, now, of course, I'm curious as to just what sort of sticky situation they've gotten themselves into.

    ReplyDelete