Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm done!!!! Sort of....

Well, the good news is I have hit my word count goal of 75,000 for No Limits. Loose ends have been tied, the characters have their hard earned happily ever after. The story is complete. That in itself has earned me an extra glass of wine and a long soak in the tub! If offspring and neurotic beagle cooperate, of course.

But the question still remains, are they the right 75,000 words. Are there some things I could have phrased better, for more impact? Is the story an organic cohesive whole or are their glaring issues. My crit partner hasn't been over the last two chapters yet and I have until April 15 to turn this book in sooooo....

Tomorrow, there will be revisions! And I really need to get back in the groove with the mystery I've let slide over the last several weeks.

But for tonight I am going to just enjoy knowing that I did in three weeks and one day what I doubted I could pull off in six weeks. A total rewrite of chapter four through the end, to make a stronger, better book!



3 comments: